Goal: Implement Neil White's multilinear Cayley factorization algorithm. For background check out:
- "Cayley Factorization" by Neil White and Tim McMillan: http://www.ima.umn.edu/preprints/Jan87Dec87/371.pdf
- Algorithms in Invariant Theory by Bernd Sturmfels.
- We implemented multilinear Cayley factorization where straightening was computed modulo the ideal of the Grassmannian calling the Grassmanian function implemented earlier by Sturmfels and Yu.
- We also created a function GrassmannCayleyAlgebra so that users can enter simple expressions in the Grassmann-Cayley algebra and rewrite them in the bracket algebra.
- We implemented a function straightenPoly that will straighten a bracket polynomial without creating a full Groebner basis, as we hoped this would speed up computations.
- Documentation, testing, trying to get faster straightening implementations to work with cayleyFactor.